This page is available for anyone in the Horsham area looking for employment.
This page was last updated on Friday, the 7th of May 2021.
Now available for work:
- Proven top expert in organic SEO (search engine optimisation)
on Google and Bing
- Web content editing
- Great with database management / database administration
- Intermediate level on City & Guilds on Microsoft Access for database
- Intermediate level on City & Guilds on Microsoft Excel for spreadsheet
- Good with all parts of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Email marketing (including email coding, design, content, delivery and
- Skilled in all areas of website hosting and website domain names
- Top grade for writing, editing and proof reading skills, with a
second-to-none grasp of spelling and grammar
- Good with all types of digital marketing / internet marketing
- Proficient in website design and website maintenance, using HTML and CSS
- Good at working with all types of offline media/company literature
- Skilled at mailmerging documents with databases to print letters and also
mailmerging documents with databases to email
- Excellent IT skills on all Microsoft mainstream office programmes
- Have used content management systems (CMS) - Wordpress, Sitecore, Joomla, Magento and Drupal
- Top attention to detail and an understanding for the importance of accuracy
- Good organisational skills, being able to multi-task and re-prioritise when required
- An inquisitive mind
- A team player who is willing to go above and beyond to accomplish the task
- Can work on own initiative
- Good project management skills
- Always willing to learn new techniques and skills
- A problem solver
- Very comfortable working with numbers
- Good people skills
- Quality driven
- An analytical mind to keep monitoring results and suggesting/making
improvements where needed
Education: Educated to A level GCSE standard in English and Maths.
Jul 2017-to current date. Web content editor, SEO, online marketing.
Jul 2016-May 2017. Web content editor, SEO, online marketing, website designer
for a pharmaceutical company in West Sussex. From an initial zero ranking I
ensured that the company had 2nd place ranking for a search phrase in Google,
out of 600,000 other competing websites.
Aug 2001-Jul 2016. Working freelance for various companies, mainly contract
work, for website developing, online marketing, offline marketing, web content
editor, email marketing, SEO, proofreading, uploading content, online marketing,
offline marketing, website designer, CMS and database administration.
Since 2001, my continuing research and study into digital marketing ensures that
I enable websites to have high rankings within the major search engines. All
techniques used are always totally whitehat, all end-results being 1st page and
pure organic, with no payments ever made to any search engines. A
recent success has been to get a website to 2nd place on Google out of 40.5
million competing websites.
During this time, I have also been involved with HTML email marketing and the
background coding mechanics of email delivery, to ensure the maximum chance of
emails getting through the email filters of the major email
providers/programmes. The profit margins of businesses suffer when emails are
not viewed by the recipient, simply because they have been filtered off into the
spam/trash/junk folders and so the intended recipient never actually sees it! I
employ my skills and experiences to help avoid this problem. I have carried out
various email marketing campaigns, sometimes involving over 40,000 records. I have
also carried out online and offline marketing, website designing and website
maintenance, using HTML and CSS.
Proficient in all of the Microsoft office programmes; Access databases, Excel
spreadsheets, Outlook for emails and Publisher for newsletters, leaflets, etc
(as a result of studying at college, I have City & Guilds qualifications at
intermediate level, in MS Access, MS Excel and MS Outlook) and have also used
Adobe Photoshop for images (animated & stills) plus Powerpoint. I am totally
proficient with FTP programmes, website hosting services, WHM, cPanels, crons and all administration relating to domain names and website
I am completely happy in a junior or senior role and am happy to be part of a
team or to work on my own initiative. I am also a self starter and very
focused to accomplish a given task.
I have built fully working computers from individual parts, so can go 'slightly' technical if need be.
Interests: Besides spending time with family and friends, I also enjoy cycling
and circuit training.
- Type of employment required: permanent full time, but temporary, freelance contract, part-time
working from home
could also be considered. Please note, working for a digital agency is
- Salary required: at least £35,000pa full time, pro rata for part time or a minimum £180pd
on freelance contract work. Would also consider working remotely from home
for a minimum of £25,000pa.
- Desired location: preferably in Horsham, but would consider anywhere within the circle below:
- I have a CRB / DBS (enhanced) certificate and have no problem at all with
undertaking any other character checks.
- I have my own transport and a full, clean driving licence.
- I am a British born citizen and do not require permission to work in the UK.
- Availability notice: two weeks.
- Contact (emails forwarded immediately): SEO-Expert@HorshamInformation.com
Gillian Louise Glew
(also known as Gilly Glew)
Mrs (married in
Full Address (inc Postcode):
Foston, York, YO60 7QG
Full Driving Licence
and Car Owner
1980 – 1983 Hayward
Heath 6th Form College West Sussex . 1971 – 1980 PNEU School
for Girls West Sussex
10 ‘O’ Levels - Including Math, English Language, English Literature and 2 ‘A’
Levels in Art and English Literature
Word (most programs), Adobe Reader 7.0, Microsoft Office Excel 2003, MAC
OS9, Microsoft Office Power Point 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook and
Microsoft Outlook Express, HP Precision Scanner, Internet Explorer,
MICROSOFT VISTA 2008, MAC OSX. Typing 72 wpm. Shop Till Programs (most)
(facts and figures)
Achievements: Numerous multiple sales of £500 to £700 per customer &
receiving numerous awards in-house for Data Capture and for
£250,000 at The Bar Convent by approaching private donors and trusts.
Raising approximately £2.8m in conference sponsorship from private
companies in the UK and Internationally.
Flexibility to Work
Y. I currently work
alternate weekends shared.
Give Five Key
Reasons: why should you be
considered above other applicants?
1. Strong sales and negotiation skills
2. Outgoing personality / customer service trained.
3. Highly motivated and professional individual
4. Strong communicator and team player.
None. Available to work: negotiable.
and most recent previous employers:
Held In Yorkshire:
Prior to moving
from London to North Yorkshire:
Hobbies & Home
May 2017 to date: (permanent 15 hour contract)
Working in a part time capacity with
friends who own Cavendish Jewellers in Stonegate York.
Achievements: highest individual ring
sale £6,000 and my highest sale to date was for two Rolex Watches worth
in excess of £12,000.
2015 to 2017: Senior Sales Executive and
Phase Eight Limited, McArthur Glen
Contract type: permanent 20 hours each
Senior Sales Executive and wedding
Employee of the month twice and commended
for outstanding customer service in the Phase Eight National Newsletter.
April 2013 to Christmas 2015:
Sales Associate, part time (20 hours)
HOBBS Limited, McArthur Glenn
Contract type: permanent 20 hours each
I frequently designed entire wedding
outfits for wedding parties, and business work wear selections for
London professionals. On average, my turnover per shift was £1,800 to
£2,000, with an occasional multiple sale of £500 + £600+ or £700+ per
May 2010 to March 2013, permanent, full
Company: Agents Rounthwaite & Woodhead
PA to company directors plus office
administrator. I managed the reception area and worked closely with all
customers and organised trade companies who were involved with the
January 2006 to December 2009, temporary,
BOOTHAM SCHOOL, York
Personal Assistant to the Bursar,
supporting the Bursar and the Bursary Office staff with all aspects of
PA and telephone work. I also organised the schedule of new pupil
arrivals each term.
Relocation from London: I moved to York to marry my husband.
April 1998 to December 2006, working 6
days / week.
Company: Wardour Events Limited, London, W1A.
International Marketing & Events
Organising six per year, 500 delegate
pan European business conferences for public and private sectors,
including for HRH The Prince of Wales and the United Nations.
I regularly travelled to Paris as a
central meeting point for sponsors and speakers. Average sponsorship
contracts negotiated for partners was for £50,000. The highest sponsor
contract negotiated was for £150,000, allowing the management consultant
to sponsor an entire conference.
1995 to 1998, full time.
Company: International Centre for Business
Information London, London W1.
Conference Sponsorship Manager.
Negotiating sponsorship contracts ranging from £50,000 to £100,000 per
sponsor in order to secure keynote speeches and to sponsor / brand an
entire day of three day pan European conference, supporting workshops
and one day summit.
1992 – 1995, full time.
Company: Legal Studies & Services Limited
Conference Assistant, London, EC1.
I was PA to a Conference Producer and as
her right hand, I supported all aspects of her key duties preceding and
during large scale professional conferences, summits and workshops.
1986 to 1992, full time.
Company: Grand Metropolitan Hotel Group London,
Head Office, Hanover Square, London W1.
PA to the Tax Director, Legal
Department. I was asked annually to organise the company Annual
Conference for all partners around EMEA. The Annual Conference was held
in London and I became the Conference Producer.
I have performed Tosca as
Tosca twice at The Guildhall York with an audience of 300. I am a self
taught calligrapher and photographer, and hand craft more than 100
Christmas Cards each year for friends and family. Reading and sport.
If you would like your employment details to be entered here, just email to